Mold Odor Removal

Mold Odor Removal

Residential & Commercial Mold Odor Removal

 

Mold testing new jersey

Currently, when restoration contractors are called to do a residential or commercial flood cleanup, they draw out the moisture and water with large vacuums and then put in air movers (fans) until the area is dry. The problem is that an odor will always exist after wards and the fans actually blow the mold spores into every area of the building. The Odorox Generator eliminates the odor and kills the mold by eliminating its food source which are micro-organisms of bacteria. Only then is mold rendered inert and unable to be resurrected because it has been killed by starvation. Live airborne spores are killed by the high concentration of Hydroxyls.

Mold odor removal new jersey

Odor Mold Removal NJ

Young babies, asthmatics and people who have poor immune systems are at the highest risk if they are exposed to mold. Inhalation of fungal spores, fragments, or organic compounds from a wide variety of mould may lead to allergic reactions, cause toxic effects, or cause infections. Illnesses can result from both high level, short-term exposures and lever level, long-term exposures. The most common symptoms reported from exposure to mold in indoor environments are runny nose, eye irritation, coughing, congestion, aggravation of asthma, headache and fatigue.

http://www.basementodorremovalnj.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Mold_Odor_Control_NJ.png

 Like everything in life, mold has its place, your Home is just not one of them. If your home suffers from a musty odor, it is the result of hidden (or not hidden) molds and mildew munching on organic issue in your house. The mold and mildew will continue to generate your home their home unless you produce a few simple changes to your home’s environment. You can take the steps needed to improve the air quality of your home and thus improve the health of you and your family.

Mold thrives on moisture. It needs humidity to live and reproduce, so the obvious attack plan is to bring your home’s moisture level down. It is recommended that your home’s moisture level should never be higher than 50%. To reduce your home’s moisture level:

1.       Run a dehumidifier. Consider purchasing a dehumidifier with a built in hygrometer, which measures the air moisture level so you know at all times what the level is. Dehumidifiers also improve air quality by sucking in airborne microorganisms and dust and depositing them in the drip pan.

2.       Run an exhaust fan or open a windows when taking a shower. If you are installing an exhaust fan in your bathroom, install one that is rated for twice the area of your bathroom, that way you will not need to run it as long.

3.       Run a “dry” air conditioner” in the warmer months. Dry air conditioners do not have a built in humidifying feature. This is very important as “wet” air conditioners can accumulate mold microorganisms in the cooling water and spread these all over your home.

4.       Insulating paint- Apply insulating paint to outside facing walls. These paints contain a tiny amount of ceramic that forms a barrier and slows the pass on of heat. Walls that are the same temperature as the rest of the room will not encourage moisture to settle on them.

By dropping the humidity level in your house, mold will not have the ideal environment it needs to grow. The air quality will improve as mold spores released during the reproduction cycle will be eliminated. If your family suffers from allergies or asthma, you may notice a marked improvement in those conditions. In addition, the odor produced by molds and mildew will go away as the invaders move on to more friendly environments.